Benjamin A. Thinnes
Benjamin Thinnes focuses his practice primarily in the areas of commercial real estate and finance transactions, counseling clients on all aspects of purchase and sale transactions, real estate financing, office, industrial and retail leasing, and development of real property. He has also assisted clients with golf course and private club purchases, sales, development, financing, turnovers, and equity conversions. Ben represents a wide array of clients, including developers, financial institutions, and public and private real estate investment companies. Ben’s experience includes dealing with an assortment of asset types, including office and industrial properties, retail centers, master-planned communities, multi-family developments, redevelopment projects, condominium projects, golf courses and private clubs.
Representative Professional Experience
- Prior to joining Salmon, Lewis & Weldon, P.L.C., Ben served as general counsel for one of the country’s preeminent private golf community developers, during which time he acted as counsel in all facets of the law relating to the planning, development, and operation of private golf communities, both in the United States and abroad.
- Ongoing representation of a national lender in connection with joint venture, preferred equity, and mezzanine financing transactions for commercial and multi-family housing transactions located throughout the United States.
- Ongoing representation of various institutional investment groups and developers relating to office leasing transactions for Class A office buildings in the Phoenix metro area.
- Ongoing representation of national and regional financial institutions regarding documenting and negotiating debt financing in Arizona.
- Ongoing representation of developers and investors in connection with mixed-use and in-fill developments, retail leasing, and acquisitions and dispositions.
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2019, 2020)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Executive Counsel 70 (life member)
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties
- Urban Land Institute
- The International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Arizona, Real Property Division
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association