Blake W. Rebling
Blake Rebling concentrates his practice on commercial real estate and business transactions. He represents lenders and investors with construction financing, including mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, and equity investments. Since 2013, Blake has represented lenders with the placement of more than $1.46 billion of loans and investments, including more than $970 million of construction financing for projects with aggregate budgets totaling $4.5 billion.
Blake also counsels landlords and tenants with office and retail leases, and he represents developers with acquiring and selling commercial and industrial properties. He assists clients with deal negotiation and with the review of title, survey, environmental, and other due diligence matters.
Blake also assists utility providers with property acquisitions, easement negotiations, leases, and other property matters.
Blake previously worked as a commercial litigator focusing on title-insurance claims and construction-defect matters. He has also served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Ann A. Scott Timmer of the Arizona Court of Appeals, as a legal intern for the Arizona Governor’s Office, and as a legal extern for U.S. Senator Jon Kyl, where he worked with Judiciary Committee staff during a U.S. Supreme Court nomination.
Honors & Awards
- 2011 Rose ‘n’ Berg Distinguished Editor Award, Arizona Law Review
- 2010 Recipient, CALI Awards for Highest Grades: Mergers & Acquisitions and Corporate Governance
- “Who Speaks for Arizona: The Respective Roles of the Governor and Attorney General When the State Is Named in a Lawsuit,” 53 Ariz. L. Rev. 689 (Summer 2011)
- “The Rise of the Pedicab: Municipal Regulation of an Emerging Industry,” 53 Ariz. L. Rev. 255 (Spring 2011)
Professional & Civic Activities
- Arizona Law Review Alumni Association – Treasurer
Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Arizona, Real Property Division
- American Bar Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute – Associate Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers – Member
- Valley Partnership – Member & Advocates Program 2018 – 2019